Energy bills are set to go up for 15 million households in England, Wales and Scotland.
This is due to the energy price cap – the maximum price suppliers can charge customers on a standard tariff – is rising.
Will my bill increase when the cap is raised?
If you are on a standard tariff or prepayment meter, then the answer is yes.
The energy price cap will rise from the start of October.
Those on standard tariffs could see an increase of £139, from £1,138 to £1,277, regulator Ofgem has announced.
Prepayment customers could see an increase of £153, from £1,156 to £1,309.
Your supplier can increase your bills up to the maximum allowed by the cap.
If you are on a fixed tariff you will not be affected – but keep an eye on when your deal ends.
Invest in Spray Foam Installation
This is the perfect time to invest in spray foam installation for your home! This cap was was brought in by Ofgem in 2019 to help consumers struggling with the increasing costs of heating and powering their homes.
Due to air escaping being one of the main reasons for high energy bills, spray foam will help reduce these costs. Our spray foam is a low-density open cell foam insulation which is perfect for the roof, timber frames and walls. The product is applied as a liquid and is water blown which expands entirely filling all voids. From this, a continuous thermal and airtight building envelope if formed.
Benefits of Spray Foam:
- Cost effective options available
- Our product is manufactures by the leading global producer of polyurethane spray foam
- Efficiency is key – quick and economic application with minimal disruption
- Fully CE marked and endorsed to the Construction Product Regulations
- Keeps your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- Expands to 100 times its original form, filling in any gaps
- The system has a very low GWP (1) and zero ODP
- Rapidly improves energy efficiency
- Fights against any unwanted sounds
- Will last the lifetime of the building
- No VOCs, CFCs or Formaldehyde
- The appearance does not alter
- Saves money on energy bills
- No harmful side effects
Let us help you avoid the risk of rising energy bills.
Request a free loft survey
Spray foam insulation can make a huge difference to your home with energy savings and comfort. Our surveyors are trained to identify existing damp in your loft space and demonstrate the benefits of the spray foam insulation to leave you in no doubt about it’s attributes. It costs nothing for us to provide a loft survey so you have nothing to lose by getting in touch.