We are here to help you!
Spray Foam Insulation allows you to cover more surface area, and hard to reach areas than other forms of insulation, sealing leaks and gaps in existing walls. It also has great energy savings of up to 45%! This makes our installation far more superior to that of Fibre Glass.
What are the benefits of having an insulated home?
The main aim of insulating your home is to make it more efficient despite outside weather conditions. If your home is insulated, you will notice it will stay warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer, overall improving the quality of your living space.
Poor insulation or having none at all can cause an increase in your heating bills over the winter. You could reduce that expenditure by 45% just by improving your home’s insulation. This is depending on your home’s size and the current state of the insulation.
When looking at your thermostat have you noticed you are trying to keep it at a decent temperature but still notice high energy bills? Your home may not be running as efficiently as it should. When using your heating without having any Insulation, it has to work extra hard to heat your entire home, increasing your energy bills. A simple way to avoid this would be purchasing Spray Foam. With this addition to your home you will only need to heat your home for a short amount of time. Thanks to the installation, the heat will be maintained throughout your home due to foam, stopping insulated air escaping.
Have your experienced any of these? Then it could be a sign of poor insulation.
Poor insulation in the loft can leave you feeling cold during the winter months. In addition, noticeable moisture on your ceilings or walls can result in damp, which can be another sign as well causing extra expenditure trying to fix the issue.
It is paramount to make sure your home’s attic is both air sealed, and the insulation is of sufficient depth, depending on the type of insulation used. Rooms that suffer from draft, or rooms that get much warmer than the rest of the house, can also mean poor insulation throughout your home. A well-insulated house will transport the heat/cold air throughout the home evenly, whilst maintaining the temperature.
Lapolla Spray Foam Insulation
Spray Foam Insulation (Lapolla) is by far the most advanced Insulation available on the market. Available as both Open Cell and Closed Cell products this type of insulation is widely used for insulating floors, walls and roofs.
This product was originally developed in the USA but soon became one of the most widely used insulants in the UK today. Lapolla has the benefit of BBA Certification for all of its products and is fast becoming the No 1 insulation chosen by homeowners in the UK. This type if Insulant is spray applied to the underside of the roof and comes with a host of benefits and applications. It has superior thermal properties to all other products and is widely used to remedy many other problems that are resultant from the previous use of other types of insulant.
Installation is fast and efficient and significant savings can be made on installation cost as well as creating minimal disruption for the homeowners.
Disadvantages of Rigid Polyisocyanurate (PIR) Insulation
- Acceptable Thermal Performance but only when perfectly fitted. Not really suited to retrofit installations as the slightest imperfection fitting will have a significant overall impact on the overall performance.
Disadvantages of Mineral Wool and Fibreglass
- Fibreglass is generally found beneath Mineral Wool even though the products are similar. Both products will be found loosely laid between ceiling joists, often with a second layer laid transversely across the joists as a top-up. Often found laid over rafters and bonded to roofing underlay. Where both products are laid, fibreglass will be the lower layer because of its age.
- Generally found in thicknesses of 100 mm & 15 mm with more recently insulated properties having insulation thicknesses of 225 mm – 300 mm.
- Laid by hand and often found to be poorly laid which limits the overall thermal performance. Known to be one of the most significant causes of condensation on roof voids after eaves ventilation becomes inadvertently blocked.
Advantages of Lapolla Spray Foam Insulation
- Quick, clean and efficient Installation. Can usually completed within 1 day dependant of the size of the property.
- Spray applied between the existing rafters or trusses within the roof void.
- Perfect air tight fit on every installation with very little disruption or mess.
- Most efficient and cost effective solution to Retrofit and New Installations.
All our installers are professionally trained and will help you determine which insulation is right for which parts of your home. We have a reliable, knowledgeable team who will guide you through the whole insulation process.
Request a free loft survey
Spray foam insulation can make a huge difference to your home with energy savings and comfort. Our surveyors are trained to identify existing damp in your loft space and demonstrate the benefits of the spray foam insulation to leave you in no doubt about it’s attributes. It costs nothing for us to provide a loft survey so you have nothing to lose by getting in touch.